Enhance property values and quality of life for your homeowners with professional local HOA management services from Morris Management.

For better community harmony, you need Morris Management. Our seasoned, professional condo association managers work with your board to foster cooperation and promote stability.

Are you a builder or development firm constructing new HOAs or condo associations? Choose Morris Management - an experienced partner for professional community management that adapts to your needs.

Morris Management, Inc. is a professional management company that has been providing outstanding local management services to community associations throughout Washington State for over 20 years.

Want to learn more about Morris Management's community association services or have a specific inquiry? Contact us today and our team will be happy to assist you. We're committed to providing exceptional support and guidance.

Dive into the Morris Management Resource Center, your one-stop destination for insightful blog articles and valuable downloadable assets, empowering your community association to thrive and succeed.

MMI Minutes

The Morris Management Blog

On The Morris Management Blog, we share with you our thoughts, ideas and helpful information to make your community association living experience the best it can be.

King county WA community association management
Morris Management FAQ - Insurance

Morris Management's frequently asked questions provide answers to all your queries regarding community association insurance. Learn about what association insurance covers and what you need to get.

Homeowner FAQs: Insurance

There is nothing simple about insurance, and community association insurance is no exception. Your community should be properly insured to guarantee safety and asset protection for residents. These are just a few of the most frequent questions homeowners can (or should) ask about how HOA insurance works.

  • What does the Association’s insurance cover?

    Community Association insurance coverage differs from one community to the next. The minimum requirements for the Association’s insurance are outlined in the community’s Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&R’s) and / or bylaws. 

    Generally speaking, though, the Association’s insurance typically provides liability and fidelity coverage for the Association and the Directors and Officers (or Board of Directors). 

    In a single family subdivision HOA the insurance generally covers association-owned property and operations, such as parks, swimming pools, clubhouses, tennis courts, open landscaped areas, storm drainage facilities, entry monuments, etc. 

    In an attached condominium or townhome community, coverage generally includes the same things as a single family subdivision as well as parking areas and the buildings themselves, including fixtures and finishes as originally installed by the developer. 
    For specific information on your Association, you should contact your community’s Association Manager.

  • Do I still need homeowners insurance if my Community Association already has insurance?

    The short answer is yes, you still need homeowners insurance even if your Homeowners Association (HOA) has insurance. While both policies provide coverage, they serve different purposes and protect different aspects of your property.

    HOA insurance typically covers common areas and shared amenities within the community, such as the clubhouse, swimming pool, and sidewalks. It also covers the exterior of the buildings and property, including the roof, walls, and landscaping.

    On the other hand, homeowners insurance covers the interior of your unit, personal property, and liability for injuries or property damage that may occur within your home. It also provides coverage for additional living expenses in case your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered loss.

  • What does my homeowners insurance need to include?

    Your situation will be unique and you should discuss your personal homeowners’ insurance coverage with your agent. You may have specific requirements imposed by your mortgage lender and you should review the insurance section of your community’s Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&R’s) and your Association’s bylaws. 

    If you are in an attached condominium or townhome community, you should discuss including a HO-6 endorsement on your policy with your insurance agent. For special requirements for your Association, contact your Community Association Manager.

Want more content like this?
Sign up here to get the latest posts from Morris Management in your inbox.

Subscription Form

Related Posts

Image 10 30 23 at 11.40 AM

Association Management vs. Property Management – 6 Myths Debunked!

“I want to be a community association manager when I grow up!” said no child, ever. It will probably come as no surprise that the community association management industry is pretty niche. It’s so niche that it is often lumped in with larger categories like “real estate” and “property management”.

Morris Management FAQ - Board of Directors

Homeowner FAQs: The Board of Directors

Morris Management’s frequently asked questions provide answers to all your queries regarding your community association board of directors with our comprehensive FAQ.

Morris Management FAQ - Management Company

Homeowner FAQs: Your Management Company

Morris Management’s frequently asked questions provide answers to all your queries regarding management companies.

Your Priorities Are Our Priorities

When you hire Morris Management to help your board of directors manage your community association,
you can trust our team to take care of day-to-day issues so your board can focus on the bigger picture.

Scroll to Top